Uscreates is one of the UK’s most established and respected social service design agencies, working with high profile organisations including the Cabinet Office, Guy’s St Thomas Charity, The Health Foundation, Nesta, and Macmillan Cancer Support. We work with people to design better ways of working, better outcomes and experiences in health and wellbeing. Our team represents some of the UK’s leading practitioners and thinkers in the field of social and service design, and design for policy, health and wellbeing. To support our continued growth, we require a highly driven and business-minded Senior Consultant with expertise in service design.
You will be responsible for developing and leading work with a range of clients – from some of UK’s leading charities and foundations to private healthcare organisations. You will have experience of identifying and progressing sales opportunities, leading projects and teams, and managing clients in the public sector and healthcare industry. You will have knowledge and expertise in user research, service design and communication design to improve health outcomes and deliver efficiencies. This is an opportunity for an exceptional candidate to undertake an entrepreneurial role within an established business, which is poised for growth.
Job title: Consultant (Mid – Senior – Principal)
Location: Uscreates, Studio 103 North Block 1-45 Vox Studios, London SE11 5JH
Overall Objective: Contribute to the delivery of high quality, impactful multi-sector work that propels the business towards its growth plans to embed a design approach across healthcare.
Role and responsibilities
Deliver high quality, innovate and impactful work by:
- Leading strategic projects that achieve high quality deliverables that exceed client expectations and raise the bar for Uscreates’ work.
- Working with Project Directors and Project Managers to manage project teams and facilitate continuous learning and development.
- Designing innovative solutions and apply creative thinking to develop new products and services that enhance Uscreates’ R&D offering.
- Maximising and capturing the impact the project achieves to propel our expertise and brand across client organisations and beyond.
- Building strong relationships with clients, stakeholders and users and managing strategic partnerships with key accounts
Support Uscreates to deliver its business plans and meet its yearly sales targets by:
- Identifying business leads and opportunities and feed into business pipeline
- Building valuable strategic networks, relationships, partnerships and retainer contracts
- Identifying opportunities from existing projects and clients
- Leading and contributing to the development of high-value proposals.
Build Uscreates brand awareness and generate market demand by:
- Taking a pro-active role in promoting Uscreates through industry events, speaking and meeting opportunities.
- Contributing compelling content (e.g. thought leadership, case-studies) to share on Uscreates’ website and beyond.
- Leading on and participating in Uscreates’ events to showcase our user-centered approach and build design capabilities
Enable the team to progress professionally and develop skills/expertise by:
- Supporting the development of staff through formal and informal coaching and mentoring to build key skills and confidence
- Sharing learnings, skills and expertise with the wider team through lunch ‘n’ learns, project reflections and team meetings
- Salary dependent on experience
- 22 days holiday per year, these exclude public holidays and office closure over the Christmas period (24 December to 1 January inclusive)
- Pension scheme with employer contribution of 3%
- Inclusion in company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal development budget
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Please submit a full CV and/or Portfolio and supporting Cover Letter to Bairbre Doyle (Bairbre.email@example.com) outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements and what you could bring to Uscreates. We will be conducting interviews throughout April and will contact you for an initial telephone call if your profile is a good fit.