Uscreates is one of the UK’s most established and respected social service design agencies, working with high profile organisations including the Cabinet Office, Guy’s & St Thomas’ Charity, The Health Foundation, Nesta, and Macmillan Cancer Support. We work with people to design better ways of working, better outcomes and experiences in health and wellbeing. Our team represents some of the UK’s leading practitioners and thinkers in the field of social and service design, and design for policy, health and wellbeing. To support our continued growth, we require a highly driven and business-minded Design Consultant with expertise in service design.
You will be responsible for delivering work for a range of clients – from some of the UK’s leading charities and foundations, to major public sector organisations and private healthcare companies. You will have be interested in or have experience of identifying and progressing sales opportunities and managing clients in the public sector and healthcare industry. You will have knowledge of user research, service design and communication design to improve health outcomes and deliver efficiencies. This is an opportunity for an exceptional candidate to undertake a key role within an established business, which is poised for growth.
Job title: Design Consultant
Location: Uscreates, Studio 103 North Block, Vox Studios, 1-45 Durham Street, London SE11 5JH
Overall Objective: Contribute to the delivery of high quality, impactful multi-sector work that propels the business towards its growth plans to embed a design approach across healthcare.
Roles and responsibilities:
To deliver high quality, innovative and impactful work by:
- Leading strategic projects that achieve high quality deliverables that exceed client expectations and raise the bar for Uscreates’ work
- Working with Project Directors and Project Managers to manage project teams and facilitate continuous learning and development
- Designing innovative solutions and applying creative thinking to develop new services, ideas and products that enhance Uscreates’ R&D offering
- Maximising and capturing the impact projects achieve to propel our expertise and brand across client organisations and beyond
- Building strong relationships with clients, stakeholders and users, and managing strategic partnerships on key accounts
To support Uscreates to deliver its business plans and meet yearly sales targets by:
- Identifying business leads and opportunities to feed into the business pipeline
- Building valuable strategic networks, relationships, partnerships and retainer contracts
- Identifying opportunities through existing projects and clients
- Leading and contributing to the development of high-value proposals
To build Uscreates brand awareness and generate market demand by:
- Taking a pro-active role in promoting Uscreates through industry events, speaking and meeting opportunities
- Contributing compelling content (e.g. thought leadership, case-studies & blog posts) to share on the Uscreates website and beyond
- Leading on and participating in Uscreates events to showcase our user-centred approach and build design capabilities
To enable the team to progress professionally and develop their skills/expertise by:
- Supporting the development of staff through formal and informal coaching and mentoring to build key skills and confidence
- Sharing learnings, skills and expertise with the wider team through lunch and learn events, project reflections and team meetings
- Salary dependent on experience
- 22 days holiday per year, excluding public holidays and office closure over the Christmas period (24th December to 1st January inclusive)
- Ethical pension scheme with employer contribution of 3%
- Inclusion in company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal development budget
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Please submit a full CV and supporting Cover Letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements and what you could bring to Uscreates.
- Closing date: Monday 23rd October 2017 (10pm)
- Initial telephone interviews: 25th, 26th, 27th October 2017
- First stage face to face interviews: w/c 30th October 2017
You should expect to hear from us within two weeks of 23rd October if you’ve been selected for interview. Due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we are unable to provide feedback to applicants who do not reach interview stage.